I went to a farmer’s market with a friend and though I was eyeing a head of lettuce (because I should eat more greens), I didn’t get it because I know I won’t eat it. I won’t put the time into cutting it up for later, and if I do I’ll forget about it until its bad.
Ex 1) The container of blue berries my boyfriend got me earlier in the week began to mold before I touched it.
Ex 2) Last time I bough lettuce I made a point to prep it into grab jars, and it failed. It was slimy and gross by the time I went to eat it *several days later* … and I just kept thinking about that.
Lemonade Ice Cubes
I did get a container of fresh lemonade! I’m going to try freezing some as ice cubes for my tea … instead of squeezing fresh lemons. It sounds weird and it was a spur-of-the-moment decision, but it’s locally made and they use glass containers that you can return, which is something I want to support.
