Monday, September 09, 2019

Pretty sure I was dehydrated yesterday

 I was helping a friend at an outdoor market and got really dizzy. It wasn’t hot out, I wasn’t in direct sunlight, but a few hours in I felt like I was on a boat. I ignored it for a few minutes, stood up and noticed my balance was off. As I walked to get food I had to struggle to walk a straight line - while hoping people didn’t notice and think I was drunk.

We ended up leaving early because I wasn’t getting better and the crowd was slow (I was going to call for a ride home).

My boyfriend cooked me pasta and chicken broth which helped.

Need suggestions:

On the way home my friend and I talked about ways I can get myself to drink more water. I don’t like the taste of it, and sometimes I don’t like the taste of tea. (I’m going to make those lemonade ice cubes today.)

We talked about drinks that have electrolytes, maybe mixing it with water to dilute them, or getting those powders that you mix in.

We have fresh lemons so to start with I’ll cut those up and throw them in water. If that doesn’t work for more than a week I’ll go on from there.