Saturday, November 02, 2019

Journal

 Wanted to give an update about my application to foster dogs.

I was approved and we picked up our first dog on Tuesday. He’s a sweetheart who immediately took well to our dog; I’ll call her PG for “pretty girl.”

PG was a little confused when she realized he was staying overnight, but because of changes we made to our routine we haven’t had an issue since the second day. They’ve really taken to each other which makes my heart melt. Tonight they were practically cuddling! She let the foster lay so close he could lick her face.

She’s going to miss him when he leaves. She enjoys having a play buddy immensely, and this is the first time I haven’t worried about her not getting walked enough because playing with him tires her out so much. Today I was gone for most of the day so he was in his crate, and when I got home she was waiting for me to let him out.