Sunday, February 13, 2022

Closing Old Chapters to Open New Ones

 A lot has happened since my last post, so I wanted catch you up before there’s more to add.


Back in May I had started fostering this five year old southern gentleman. I’ve never had a dog who wasn’t used to the snow before; its been fun watching him grow from being terrified of it to easily leaping through piles as he refuses to go back in the house.

He’s not doing snow angles yet, but he’ll gladly sit outside for what feels like forever and watch for squirrels (that don’t exist because its winter).

Another big thing is last month I pulled the trigger on selling my house. This week I started packing, which is both stressful and calming.

I’m taking the opportunity to declutter as I pack. Its something I’ve been doing for a while in preparation to moving out, but at that time there was no urgency; it was just the idea that I wanted to move in the near future. But now its not a hypothetical, its a reality.

If you’re wondering about the knobs in my kitchen that I posted about last time: I’ve taken them off so I can bring them with. I did the same with the shelves that I wanted to put up in my office space.

I guess the rule of thumb is that when you show the house, if its attached it goes with the house. I’m currently glad I dragged my feet with mounting my chandelier and replacing the bathroom mirror.

I always knew it would come to this, I just had to fully accept it.