Sunday, August 18, 2019

Journal

 Food:

  • Breakfast: 8 chicken wings and a can of Dr. Pepper
  • Lunch: cherries
  • Dinner: buttered noodles

Sleep night before: 8 hrs 4/5 stars

Exercise: none

Meds: anxiety & antacid

Med tracker: yes

Thoughts: I’m very good at planning things, but very bad at doing them. I will use up my time planning what I need to get done and never have time to do it and then I’m rushing around like a chicken with its head cut off.

Like this moment. I should have washed my hair three hours ago; I told myself I was going to wash my hair three hours ago, and now I have to leave in an hour and I have yet to get off my computer because I was busy setting up this blog to motivate myself to do things like wash my hair.

I’m the type who puts emphasis on outside forces as excuses for why I’m able to do or not do things, and I need to stop doing that. I need to put more emphasis on myself in ways other than to demean myself. I’ve had depression since I can remember and it’s dominated my thought pattern. I’m on meds now as an adult but I’m not consistent with taking them. I take them, do better, and then feel like I don’t need them and stop taking them - it’s not a conscious choice, it’s a out-of-sight-out-of-mind kind of thing.

Thankful for: The ability to start over